1. Active learning engages students, leading to better focus & interest, whereas passive learning often leads to disengagement and distraction.
2. Active learning develops critical thinking & problem-solving skills, while passive learning limits learners to lower-order skills like recall and comprehension.
3. With active learning, understanding & knowledge retention rates soars high as students are encouraged to understand the content, not just memorize it.
4. Active learning involves some degree of collaboration, thus inculcating teamwork. Whereas passive learning is typically individualistic.
5. Students are better prepared to apply their knowledge in real-world situations with active learning. Passive learning often lacks such application.
6. Active learning can be more adaptable to different learning styles, passive learning is generally more rigid.
Get Started with Edmingle
Launch Your Online Training Academy with the Best Rated Saas LMS!